- What is the real problem I’m trying to solve? It is really easy to jump into solving and not have a good grounding on the problem.
- How would you rank the importance of this, 1-10? Get rid of the good to focus on the great.
- Is this a zombie? Zombies are tasks that just exist out of inertia. How would we know if it is a zombie?
- How could we reimagine this?
- Clarity: People trust the clear and mistrust or distrust the ambiguous or the overly complex.
- Compassion: People put faith in those who care beyond themselves.
- Character: People notice those who do what’s right over what’s easy.
- Competency: People have confidence in those who stay fresh, relevant, and capable.
- Commitment: People believe in those who stand through adversity.
- Connection: People want to follow, buy from, and be around those who collaborate.
- Contribution: People immediately respond to results.
- Consistency: People love to see the little things done consistently.
The guest keynote for #TeamSPS Sales Kickoff 2024 was Diana Kander. She shared how expertise can slow down innovation and how to keep curiosity alive — ultimately being curious experts.
She emphasized focusing on big questions when looking at “things to do”.
Day 2 of #TeamSPS Sales Kickoff 2024 was another great event. We started with an inspiring call to action from our Chad Collins and similar to previous years the Product & Partner Fair was a highlight. Over 30 teams in SPS setup booths to engage with the sales team on our products!
I had a great first day of #TeamSPS Sales Kickoff 2024! So much energy and excitement in the room.
360 video from the #TeamSPS 2024 Social!
It was an honor to be included in the Twin Cities Business 2023 Notable Leaders in Technology (detail page). Amazing to be part of a great company like SPS Commerce and a great team like #TeamSPS! See LinkedIn post.
I created a collection of TeamSPS events page to easily connect all my blog posts from a variety of our annual events. Great memories and more to come! 😁
Had a fun evening at the 2023 Minneapolis Downtown Council Annual Fundraiser at Mosaic. #TeamSPS’s own Karin Lucas chairs the MDC board and addressed the crowed.
The conference rooms on #TeamSPS 5th floor in Minneapolis are named after Fictional Elements. To fill out the Fictional Element world even more, this Periodic Table of Fictional Elements was added recently and I absolutely adore it. 🤓
The Product Partner Fair for #TeamSPS 2023 Sales Kickoff is a whole new level of awesome! Tremendous amount of information, and even an incredible Command Center theatre experience! 🥸
David Horsager of Trust Edge gave a fabulous keynote for #TeamSPS 2023 Sales Kickoff. David’s passion about trust and how it impacts everything around us is very thought provoking. His Eight Pillars of Trust are a great tool to consider team and self-improvement.
Film crew in the Cloud today shooting some video for #TeamSPS.
The remodel of #TeamSPS 5th floor is nearly done and we were able to move this week. It is great to be back on our “home” floor with a so many improvements!
Some coffee to start your day? “Coffee is for closers.” Love this. 🤩 #TeamSPS
Cyber Monday 2022! Great day to show all the work our teams do to deliver amazing performance! #TeamSPS
We ended our day in small groups with #TeamSPS building bikes for kids! A fun event and doing a good thing at the same time. Team “Another Double” had a great time! 🤩
Looking forward to an amazing Growth Summit 2023 with #TeamSPS today! 🙌
We had our 4th annual TeamSPS Kubb Tournament today. We were graced with impeccable weather to throw some Kubb. We had 16 teams of five or six people. The tournament format we used was very similar to last year, and simple to play. We had four round robin groups of four teams each. They played three single-game rounds, time limited at 25 minutes. At the end of 25 minutes the team with the most baseline Kubbs standing was declared the winner. A throw off would have been used on a baseline tie, but that wasn’t even needed.
After the round robins were completed we ranked each team first to fourth in their group, and then went out into four simple brackets to get a winner from each.
We did have a bit of a surprise when the sprinkler system at SPS Tower turned on while we were still playing. It continued and interfered with one final game, but everyone was a good sport about getting a little wet. 💦
Final results of the #LeadTheWay bracket gave the overall with to Rubiks Kubb!
This is such a great event and everyone has a wonderful time. I can’t wait to direct the 2023 Tournament!