Saturday, August 6th
Nice Icelandic day, a little misty in afternoon, no wind.
Our final full day of this epic Iceland 2022 trip! To frame the day, imagine that each of us had a few things on our list that we wanted to get done before we finished our trip. The net of that is a lot of walking around, various tasks, and a wide variety of things!
- Breakfast at Sandholt.
- Walk down Laugavegur.
- Walk along harbor to a small lighthouse
- Escaped from Reykjavik Escape!
- More shopping on Laugavegur, with long stop at Hörg but no purchases.
- Yummy snack at Loo Koo Mas.
- Watch the Reykjavik Pride Parade.
- More shopping, resulting in shoes!
- Drop off shopping at Airbnb.
- Never having enough baked goods, stop to try Brauð & Co.
- Visit the Kattakaffihusid (Cat Cafe) for cappuccino with Cats!
- More shopping at 66° North to get Mazie a shirt.
- Much deliberation at art gallery.
- Go see the Sun Voyager.
- Shop at Museum Shop in Harpa.
- Tried to see if we could use the Hopp scooters to get around, but decided wouldn’t work.
- Visit Vínberið candy store.
- Visit Rammagerðin to get Icelandic Wool Blanket.
- Visit Kronan to get some local snacks to bring home.
- Go to Fly Over Iceland! Stunning visuals, and a lot of places we had been to on the trip.
- We got super lucky and found another street spot to park car in after driving to Fly Over Iceland! 😅
- Final dinner in Iceland at Íslenski Barinn. Very good food and a very fun waitress.