Trying to sound smart
- Utilized: Is there ever a case where “used” is insufficient?
Terrible words from business
Please, please don’t use these. Try suggested alternative, or just leave it.
- Glocal: Gross merging of global and local. Used to imply a solution or strategy that does both.
- Rightshore: concept of moving work to where it should be done.
- ”Double Click”: this term is used almost exclusively by consultants to imply diving deeper on a topic.
Just skip these
These are words that I dislike for no good reason.
- Mani-Pedi: no, just no.
- Dadchelor: is Instagram speak a thing?
- Hoodie Footie: really, no, just stop.
- Bromance: Don’t bro-anything
- Bruise: Just don’t like the sound.
- Tippy Toes: Fine if used for kids, not for adults.