August 17, 2008

WordPress iPhone Application and RSD Link

I posted before from the WordPress iPhone application when it was released. Its pretty nifty. When they upgraded it to 1.1 though I could no longer get it to work on my blog anymore. I was mighty confused since it worked for every other blog that is hosted on my server, but not mine.

I finally did some digging into the problem and for some reason my blog wasn’t outputting an RSD link which is needed for the application to find the XML-RPC endpoint. A quick grep -R rsd found the issue.

remove_action('wp_head', 'rsd_link');

That was hiding out in my functions.php file. I removed it and I’m cooking along with the iPhone WordPress application again. Beware if your theme does something similar. Found and fixed just before leaving town!


iPhone WordPress Techie


Previous post
Organizing iPhone Apps I’ve loaded my iPhone up with a decent number of applications now and found it difficult to find things quickly. I’ve started organizing the
Next post
Quordy - Awesome Game I have been really impressed with the games landing on the iPhone AppStore recently. I’m hopeful that Apple is looking at the top selling